Sunday, September 20, 2015

Dubrovnik on Quads!

So, renting quads was a fantastic idea. It was a lot of fun. There was just a great sense of freedom that was amazing to feel. We were able to rent them for 200 Kuna which ended up being about 30 dollars for 24 hours. One of the first things we did was riding it up a hill and just taking photos of the scenery.

After that we headed to the city and it started raining on us. We stopped when we got within the city walls to have lunch and wait out the rain. I got mussels and french fries and they were okay. I was a little disappointed because Croatia is supposed to be famous for their seafood and I've had better in California.
After lunch, Brenton and I walked around the city walls. It was kinda expensive, but it's supposedly the number one attraction in Dubrovnik. It took about an hour to go all the way around and it was really cool to see how things looked from the top of the walls.


After the city walls, we went to the Dubrovnik cathedral. It's a very pretty cathedral but not the nicest one that I've seen. It's rather plain but has some ornate pieces. I'm really glad that I went in it.

Brenton and I decided to try and get some photos above the city afterwards so we grabbed our quads and drove up the the hill of the city. We ended up in residential areas, so we got to see a different part of the city. We didn't get all the way up to where the cable cars took you but got some stunning photos of the city.
After that we just rode down to the beach and I swam a bit which was really nice. Then it was time to return the quad. I allowed Brenton and a couple of the other guys to convince me to go to the sports bar and I'm really glad that I did because they were able to pull up the 49ers game. A bunch of the Aussies are really interested in the 49ers because of Jarryd Hayne (a former Australian rugby player who is now on the 49ers). The game was terrible but it was nice to watch American football again. I was explaining how the game worked for the Aussies. All in all, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment