Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Česky Krumlov

The Czech Republic is absolutely amazing from what I have seen of it. Česky Krumlov is my favorite city that we have stopped in for lunch so far. We got a couple hours in this little Czech city and it was completely worth all the time.
The city is still enclosed within its city walls. You can go up and walk around the top of the city where the area that is called the castle is. It’s not a traditional castle that everyone imagines, but a sprawling group of buildings. They actually have brown bears in a little enclosure by the castle, but they weren’t out when I was there. I went to the gardens, which were very beautiful.

The river that runs through the city makes it very picturesque. It is really cool to see the river winding through a city the way this one does. Here are some pictures from higher up in the city to show what I mean.

It’s impossible to actually capture the charm of this town in photos. It really is an adorable little town. I grabbed lunch in the square where they had some kind of festival going on. I got garlic soup in a bread bowl and mead, both of which were both hot, and great. 
I tried my hand at some archery and I visited a local church. It really is a cute church and I wish we had been allowed to take photos in it but we weren’t so here are photos of the outside. 
Česky Krumlov was an absolutely amazing stop. We are now in Prague and will go into the city tomorrow, which I am totally psyched for. Prague was another one of those cities that was really high on my list of places to visit and we have another river cruise tomorrow during lunch. That should be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment