Thursday, September 3, 2015

Do NOT Fly United

So, I have arrived safely in Frankfurt, Germany where I am waiting patiently for my connecting flight to Madrid. Flying into Germany is fun because the airports are run so efficiently here. I've already lost basically an entire day because of travel and the time differences because it is the afternoon on the day after I left. On the plus side, on the way back to the US I will gain back time.
United is terrible, I didn't have a good impression of them before this flight and this flight made it worse. We took off late because boarding went long. It took us about an hour from the beginning of boarding to actual takeoff meaning we left about 20 minutes late. That was no big deal and didn't bother me but I'm sure it upset some people. We made up time in the air and ended up landing early.
However, when we boarded the aircraft it was like 90 degrees and extremely stuffy. United apologized for the heat and told everyone to turn on their air so that it would cool off. It did when we got going at least.
When everyone was boarded they told us that the WIFI was going to be down for the flight. Not that I was going to purchase internet anyways but the fact that it was down sucked.
Their inflight entertainment had problems. First of all, when I have flown internationally before the planes have all had individual TV's so you can watch what you wanted to watch. This one didn't which was no bid deal except it wasn't working properly. About once every 5 minutes or so (sometimes more and sometimes less) the TV would freeze and you would miss parts of the movie. About the only time this didn't happen was when they were doing the announcements which muted the movies. It worked out ok with Pitch Perfect 2 because I have already seen that movie so I knew what was going on but there was no way I was going to watch something I hadn't seen and miss parts and not know what was going on.
The final problem was that they had an issue with the refrigeration units and melted everyone's butter. They had to have an announcement to be careful because the butter was super hot and I'm guessing someone complained and/or got hurt. They also didn't have any salad dressing with the salad...
On the plus side the plane made it safely and actually got us here early. They did what they were supposed to do so I guess I can't complain too much. :) Besides, I'm in Europe!!!

I'll leave this here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment