Monday, October 12, 2015

Travel Day- Berlin to Copenhagen

Today was pretty much uneventful. I boarded my train this morning for Copenhagen. It was a long ride by train but it did have a fun part. We had to take the ferry to get over to the section of Denmark that Copenhagen is located on.
I've taken ferries before but never by train. The train drove onto the ferry and everyone had to get off. I had lunch while we ferried over the water. I was able to get up to the top deck and get some pictures of land as it approached. After we docked, the train continued on as if nothing had happened.
We weren't long into the trip when we were stopped by the police who got on the train to check papers. They were checking Middle Easterners and I can only assume they were looking for refugees from Syria because they were asking everyone if they were from Syria. They took a few people off the train before letting us continue. It was pretty crazy.
I arrived in Copenhagen and it was a short walk to my hotel. Tivoli Gardens looks pretty awesome and I'm excited to go there tomorrow night. Tomorrow, I will explore Copenhagen by bus and by canal boat before going to Tivoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment