Friday, October 16, 2015

London

I have had absolutely amazing weather so far. My entire trip the weather has cooperated pretty much. The sun even came out today which was completely amazing because I had told myself that when I got to England it was going to be raining the rest of the trip. I am glad I was wrong (so far).
I started off the day by walking over to Russell Square. It is right next to the British Museum so I figured I would start off there for the day. Russell Square is pretty and the outside of the British Museum is pretty as well.

Of course, the British museum has more than just a pretty face. Walking around inside was a lot of fun. It has free entry and I spent about three hours exploring the entire museum. There was a lot to see here and I was really glad that I decided to go.

Later, I decided to a self-guided Harry Potter tour that my mom sent me. It took me a long time to complete so that’s all I was able to do today but the Harry Potter tour wasn’t really just Harry Potter. It seemed to me like it was a tour of all of London. I am going to post a link with the information of the tour so anyone who is curious can try and match my photos to the tour because it would take me ages to type out and upload photos for each spot that I stopped at but I will do some highlights.
No visit to London would be complete without views of Big Ben and the Parliament buildings. I was planning on stopping by here anyways, but the Harry Potter tour took me right by them. This iconic area of London was probably my favorite place the last time I was here and it is still remarkably beautiful. I got some beautiful pictures of the buildings.

I got to walk across the London Bridge on this trip and that is how I got pictures of the Tower Bridge. I don’t remember even seeing it the last time I was in London so that was cool to see. Everyone knows the nursery rhyme about London Bridge as well so now I can say that I walked across it. The photos of Tower Bridge were taken from the middle of London Bridge.

There is no more appropriate place for the Harry Potter tour to end than King’s Cross Station. Here, they actually have bought into the Harry Potter hype and have made a tourist section. There is a place where you can get your photo taken like you are going into Platform 9 ¾ and they have a Harry Potter Shop that is being expanded as well.
This is a remarkably short blog post for such an action packed day. The problem is that it would take me forever to write everything out about the Harry Potter tour, I mean, the tour is 20 pages long. For everyone who wants to match my Facebook photos to the tour here is the link to the tour http://www.the-magician.co.uk/ I’m not sure when I’ll get the photos up on Facebook but it won’t be until I get back in the States. 
Tomorrow, I will be heading to Bristol by Megabus. All I know about Bristol is that it is a university town and I have friends that have gone to college there. It should be fun to explore.
Edit: I meant to mention this when I posted it, but I was too harsh on the Generator Hostel. It is clean, has lockers, and is well located. It was a perfectly serviceable hostel.
Edit 2: My Mom sent me a message that I had gone across the London Bridge and a bunch of other ones before so this wasn't the first time I had done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment