Wednesday, October 7, 2015

St. Goar and Arrival in Amsterdam

We began the long travel day from Heidelberg to Amsterdam with a stop in the village of St. Goar. Driving through the Rhine valley was really pretty and our stop in the village was nice. St. Goar is a pretty city and we got to learn how beer steins were made. The store we visited had a huge collection of beer steins and I was tempted to buy one, but they were more than I was willing to spend and more fragile than I was willing to transport.
St. Goar is also known for its Cuckoo Clock. It has the largest free-hanging cuckoo clock in the world. It is an impressive clock.
After that, we basically had a lot of driving to do. We arrived in Amsterdam in the evening and were dropped up at the red light district to eat and explore. I have some pictures of Amsterdam from today though, but not many.

For those who are curious about the red light district in Amsterdam, feel free to ask me about it but I’m not going to go into it here. Instead, I’m going to just leave you with this photo, which is a symbol of the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment